Hi Bozlee, I don't know if it will help, but I will share my experience with you. About two years ago we moved into a new house with a ventless fan above the stove. As I was going about my cleaning frenzy I noticed the white cupboards had this gross greasy film on them. Water didn't do anything, I had to us Vim (a strong cream cleanser). I could imagine that if the area had a ceiling fan, this grease would have been spread throughout the house. I also just remembered cleaning my condo before I moved into this house. It had the same set-up as far as the stove fan went, and the tops of the cupboards, in the kitchen, had a few mm of thick grease/fat on them. I couldn't believe how much cleaner it took to get that layer of grease off. My only other thought is that I have never noticed any grease from a fire. Whether I'm handling fire wood, cleaning the glass, taking out the ashes or even removing half burned logs, grease is not something that I come across. If it were me, I would be looking for another source that may have been made worse by running the wood stove. I hope you solve your problem because that room in the pic would sure be cozy with a fire going!