Over 100 rounds of ash!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by WellSeasoned, Nov 20, 2012.

  1. osagebow

    osagebow
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1,578
    Likes Received:
    948
    Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Early xmas present - congrats!
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!





  2. katwillny

    katwillny
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Wow that's a great score. 100 = 4 splits =400 splits. i burn about 8 splits a day thats 50 days worth of wood for me. roughly. LOL
     
  3. WellSeasoned

    WellSeasoned
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    1/2 are worthy of 4 splits, but the big guys should produce 12 splits. Aaaggghhh too much math
     
  4. jrendfrey

    jrendfrey
    Expand Collapse
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2012
    Messages:
    124
    Likes Received:
    37
    Loc:
    green mtns vt
    to tell the truth ash if my favorate firewood. burns just awesome. no oak around here so the best stuff i can get is beech ash and yellow birch nice score get er split
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2007
    Messages:
    27,815
    Likes Received:
    7,367
    Loc:
    Michigan
    But well worth the work. Congratulations!
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. WellSeasoned

    WellSeasoned
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Split 75% of these in 6 hours between 3 people, whooped! Got 4 cords stacked so far. The remaining 25% should yield 1 more cord.
     
  7. Boog

    Boog
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2012
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    271
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Man, and I thought a couple of boxes of cut-off-ends outside the local pallet place was a good score! Way to go!
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  8. WellSeasoned

    WellSeasoned
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I'll post pics soon. We did this at a buddy's house, had to hurry out cause hes packing up and leaving for hunting camp.
     

Share This Page