P23i Burn Pot Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Mets Fan

Mar 21, 2011
Watertown CT
When I purchased my home almost 4 years ago, it came with a P23i Pellet stove. As I am uncomfortable with letting it run during the day unattended, it gets shut down every morning, and then cleaned out each night before use.
For 3 of the 4 winters that I have been using this stove, I have exclusively used Barefoot pellets.
Over the past month or so, I have noticed that one side of the burnpot has started to deteriorate and sag. I am guessing this burn pot is the original cast iron one, as I can not remove and replace the insert. I have ordered a replacement complete burn pot assembly.
My question is, is it still safe to run this machine with the sagging and deterioration becoming worse each day, or should i just shut her down for a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.