PE Summit Insert - Replacing Rockwool on sides

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2autoxr

Hearth Supporter
Nov 1, 2008
Dexter, MI
How often do you replace the rockwool or whatever is on the sides up near the baffle on the PE Summit insert?

I've had mine now about 5 years and I notice the edges closest to the glass sag a lot and aren't very stiff like they used to be.

Is this bad? Any idea on where to purchase?

Thanks,

I had 7 years on my A body, before I got the new Summit installed. The front edge was a lil rough, but the rest was fine.
I don't think you need to replace it yet. Not sure if you can get just the insulation alone from PE.
I wonder if the Kawool at Lowes would work.

I wasn't quite sure of the name. But yeah the material along the upper sides of the box. I think it's Kaowool. I'll check ebay to have some around in case I need to replace after the next cleaning. They are getting a little beat up.

Thanks for the help

Correct my mistake. I would think if needed, you could cut the Roxul to any size you needed.
Still don't see how that would need replacing already though.

Status
Not open for further replies.