pe summit window air question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this stove now. Good to see it in operation again. If you had wood very close to the glass you will get blackening. It should burn off with the next hot fire.

first to say what, naked lady on garage door, or table to close to stove? It's all good. Tim

My first thoughts are:
Wood not as dry as you may think(which only you know how dry the wood is, which you feel it is plenty dry), so next thought is not burning hot enough or in your case since you modified it, you are closing the air off too much. Even with spits close to the glass, mine may get some back spots which mimic the shape of the split on the inside of the glass, but they burn off later in the burn as it gets hotter.
I think with your modification, your restricting the air too much now.
Good wood with a good hot burn, should not cause black glass, or at the very least will burn any black off the glass later in the burn.

You are right hogwildz, it burn right off with a hot fire. My Gereral moisture meter from Lowes indicates 7% moisture. But it is a cheapie, maybe 20 bucks.Closing intake air too much,yes.

first to say what, naked lady on garage door, or table to close to stove? It's all good. Tim

By it's posture, I think the calendar got the stove a little excited.

There has been a modifacation to the secondary air so you can control it? Am I seeing that in the one picture?

yes, you can shut them off if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.