Pe super27 side rail insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mark1000

Jan 10, 2019
Ontario Canada
Does anyone know how the side rail insulation is supposed to run should the cut line face the wall of the stove or towards the inside of the fire box . Also is the top half suppose to bend down and tuck between the baffle and outer wall of the chamber or just rest ontop of the baffle box or should they run right up to the top of the stove to the top of the brick rail.

I've found this forum helpful in the past I'm sure someone knows the answer I couldn't find anything in the manual .

Each one sits in the side rails with a downward leg vertical in the rail and then bent over at a 90º inward horizontally towards the baffle.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.39.50 PM.png

The cut line faces outwards, in order to have the insulation bend over the edge of the baffle more easily.