1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pel Pro control boards

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by RiverRatt, Jan 29, 2012.

1. RiverRatt

RiverRatt New Member

Loc:
    N.E. Minnesota
    Hello all I am new to the forum. I've enjoyed the use of the forum here as I have relatively no experience with Pellet stove or bio-fuel burners in the past, Although we have burnt wood a number of years.
    I have a Pel-Pro freestanding model wh3247 the control board has become corroded. I also had a minor mishap while installing a new auger motor, causing a melt down on the board itself. I have found a accutron2 board for replacement. My stove's original board has just the the Accu-tron control board doesn't state if its a 1,2,3.
    My question is will the board work as a suitable replacement? I don't use a external thermostat. Any information would be greatly appreciated as a new board is pretty costly on our current budget.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Forum member Don2222 has a Pel Pro he bought and is refurbing... He has replaced the control board to a new Accutron.. Maybe shoot him a PM. He seems to be well versed in the ways of Pel Pro now.

Worth a shot.

Welcome to the Forums.
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Yes, I have worked alot with the Accutron II boards.

There is a new updated Accutron II control board that will work in place of older Accutron II and Accutron III boards. The new board does have the built-in thermostat module for hooking up any 24volt T-Stat.

Since you have the Accutron I board in an 07 Pelpro wh3247 pellet stove,
    To be sure just call Pelpro Toll Free Tech Support and ask for Trevor

Technical Support Toll Free # in Alberta Canada is:
    Dansons Customer Service (1-866-456-9269).
    Ask for Trevor and tell him the Year and Model # of your stove and he should be able to give you the answer.
  4. RiverRatt

RiverRatt New Member

Loc:
    N.E. Minnesota
    Talked to Trevor at Danson's today, the AccutronII is the replacement for older models. Thank You for taking the time to assist me in finding assistance. Love this Site!