pellet prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Well its gettin on that time of year. I just bought my 1st ton of pellets and paid 255.00 out the door.

What is a ton costing you where u live?

$180 - $220 per ton in central WI. I just wondering if we will run into any major shortages this winter. That would be fitting for my first winter of owning a pellet stove.

Sweet I was thinking of starting one the other day. Maybe you can include some user ratings of the various brands??

For starters that will have to be in the comment field.....reason - many folks will just be reporting prices they see, not actually buying. Others will be reporting when they buy or soon after, so evaluation is difficult. It will start our pretty simple, and then based on use I will add features. It will accept input on pellets, wood, corn, fuel oil, lp and coal.

I just paid $215 a ton for Boreal Premium Pellets a couple of weeks ago in NW Vermont. I haven't been too happy with them though.

Craig - Looking forward to seeing and using your new pricing page. Let me know if you need a βeta tester.

$259-$270 here in Vermont...delivery runs $45 plus $2.5 a mile after 10 miles.

Over the late summer they advertised 1 ton for 195.00 out the door..He now is saying that in every shipment he receives the price is going up.This time I received energex or something like that

I've heard that Walmart blows out some pellets and are at bottom pricing....I havent heard of the quality but will look at it when Im there

mtalea said:
I've heard that Walmart blows out some pellets and are at bottom pricing....I havent heard of the quality but will look at it when Im there

$223 + 4% tax at the local Wallyworld .

In central Maine, $279 per ton for Energex at the local hardware store.

Walmart up here is $243 per ton. I buy them from the local hardware store. They burn excellent.

Home Depot up here is $299 per ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.