1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet pro 2 issue

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by huntmaster86, Jan 29, 2013.

1. huntmaster86

huntmaster86 New Member

First I'd like to say that I'm new to the board. I live in upstate ny and have 4 dealers within a 75 mile radius. I cannot get anyone to service my old pellet pro 2. This stove was bought new by my parents in the early 90's. I acquired it a few months ago and am having nothing but issues. It was cleaned before my mom passed it to me but it did sit for a couple years after the cleaning.
    The start of my problems:
    I woke up to the stove being out. So while it was out I cleaned it and restarted it. Set the stove temp dial to 4 and turned the auger feed 5 turns out(per directions). The auger would feed continuously feeding the burning pellets and unburnt pellets into the ash pan. I turned the stove temp dial all the way down and the auger feed all the way in. The feed was still continuous.
    I was told that it was the ESP probe from 2 out of the 3 dealers. I ordered a new probe. Installed it last week. Yesterday I woke up to a chilly house. The stove was out again. So I restarted it and went about my day. It ran great all day and last night. Today about 3:00pm it went out again. There wasn't any unburnt pellets in the burn pot so it's acting like the auger wasn't feeding.
    I cleaned the stove again and restarted it. Now I'm right back to where I was before. The auger is running continuously again

Any suggestions???
    Thank you in advance

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
  3. Jefflitzy

Jefflitzy Member

Loc:
    The other province of Ontario.
    Check the circuit board for bad connections - they become brittle over time
  4. Jefflitzy

Jefflitzy Member

Loc:
    The other province of Ontario.
    The white connector where the wires attaches basically burns away and does not make contacts. Therefore the stove does not get power coming in to run the stove
  5. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

....and sadly, the circuitboards (there are two- mainboard and enhancement board), are no longer available thru Harman. The unit was sunsetted a couple years ago. if its the board, good luck.
  6. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    If any of the three cooling towers on that board touch ANYTHING metal,,,ZAP! boards done. Another common issue is the delron auger bushings and yes, they use two different allen key bolts for each side of the bushing donut. PITA