Pellet stove battery back up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chud

Jan 6, 2011
Central/Southern maine
looking for a battery back up option for my stove. i dont want to spend a lot of money on a UPS system. Does anyone know if there is a kit that allows the stove to be hooked up to a 12 volt battery?

looking for a battery back up option for my stove. i dont want to spend a lot of money on a UPS system. Does anyone know if there is a kit that allows the stove to be hooked up to a 12 volt battery?

What kind of stove is it?

Some stoves have an accessory cord that allows you to hook up to a battery, but I believe most need a generator. There are those much more knowledegeable than I that will be along.

As a suggestion, It would also help if you update your sig with your stove.

JS

You need an inverter to convert 12 VDC into 110 VAC.
You cannot run 110VAC directly from 12VDC... DOES NOT COMPUTE!

I think that a UPS is the best option.

Bill

That's a pretty nice unit though. But you're right - for that price you could get a small generator that you could dedicate to your pellet stove to it and get unlimited hours of heat.
The difference here being though, is that this unit is automatic....you don't need to be home to "start it up".....switches over instantaneously.

I highly recmmend the cyber power unit in my sig. It has over an hour run time. More than enough to get the genny going. Plus, if you had too, you COULD parallel a marine 100ah, etc larger battery to it. Just don't charge it with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.