Pellets in Salem NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Oct 12, 2013
Salem, NH
Anyone know a good place to purchase pellets in or near Salem, NH that doesn't charge an arm and leg for delivery? I love the Maine Woods but any comparable brand is ok. I just don't want to pay $300/ton. I also do not want box store brands....I know, some people swear by them, but I have had poor luck with several of these brands at the box stores. Please don't try to convince me to try them again....just need recommendations for good reputable retailers that stand by their products and have reasonable delivery rates.....Thanks!!

I think you get what you pay for....I just bought 4 ton of Okanagan. 2 Douglas Fir and 2 of the Gold. I burned Genevas and Greene Supreme last year. Not bad but the Okanagan are hotter and much much cleaner. Just my .02 I have a Quadra Fire Mt. Vernon Insert (bought 2013).

John D: Check out East Coast Lumber In Hampstead N.H. They have Okanagan gold $292.00 a ton and Douglas fir $375.00 a ton. They also have New England for $279.00. Delivery to my house (6 Miles was $39.00) If you buy 3 ton Free Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.