Pellets in southern Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would suggest going to the local lowes, call the local auochachon hardware, call frost and flame in gorohm as well.

We got our stove (Harman XXV) from D&J;in Sanford, so we've ordered our pellets from them as well. Got them on the advance sale for $242/ton, plus delivery. We got 1 ton when the stove was installed & are waiting for 3 more tons to be delivered ($242/ton + $80 for delivery, they charge $70 for delivery of the 1st ton, then $5/ton after that, so $70+$5+$5).

mlwschultz said:
We got our stove (Harman XXV) from D&J;in Sanford, so we've ordered our pellets from them as well. Got them on the advance sale for $242/ton, plus delivery. We got 1 ton when the stove was installed & are waiting for 3 more tons to be delivered ($242/ton + $80 for delivery, they charge $70 for delivery of the 1st ton, then $5/ton after that, so $70+$5+$5).

I live near there....theres a lady that was ordering from Jr (D & J)....he now has told people that didnt buy their stoves from him that his pellets were only if you bought a stove from him. He'll regret that later as more and more supplies become plentiful.

MainePellethead said:
mlwschultz said:

I live near there....theres a lady that was ordering from Jr (D & J)....he now has told people that didnt buy their stoves from him that his pellets were only if you bought a stove from him. He'll regret that later as more and more supplies become plentiful.

I have a co-worker who bought his stove from them last year and can only get 1 ton per month from them. He picks his up though, idk if there is a difference if you want them to deliver them.

I have ordered through woodpellets4me.com My wife found them at the home show and they were informative and very friendly. Their price seems a little steep compared to Lowes, true value, and the others, but i am willing to give them a try if they can provide pellets when needed and good service.

I've also heard that Elm Ice & Oil might be carrying them, but I haven't checked it out.

I think at D&J;the pick up option is limited to 1 ton because they are storing that ton of pellets for you. I don't want to keep driving there to pick them up, so am having 3 tons delivered. Then we'll have 4 tons on hand & be ready for winter. Seems like supplies are a bit tight now because everyone's doing what they need to to prepare for the next heating season. We were down to 1/4 tank of oil, so I just put 125 gallons of oil in the tank & it was almost $525. I don't expect to need oil for a long time now. I'm anxious to see how much we can cut our oil use now that we have our pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.