1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellets in southern Maine

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kdx200kawasaki, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdx200kawasaki

kdx200kawasaki New Member

Loc:
    southern,Maine
    Can anyone suggest a pellet dealer in Southern Maine?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. j00fek

j00fek Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Auburn, Maine
    i would suggest going to the local lowes, call the local auochachon hardware, call frost and flame in gorohm as well.
  3. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    Depends how far south...
    Kittery Ace Hardware has them at 250 per ton delivered (locally)
  4. mlwschultz

mlwschultz New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    We got our stove (Harman XXV) from D&J;in Sanford, so we've ordered our pellets from them as well. Got them on the advance sale for $242/ton, plus delivery. We got 1 ton when the stove was installed & are waiting for 3 more tons to be delivered ($242/ton + $80 for delivery, they charge $70 for delivery of the 1st ton, then $5/ton after that, so $70+$5+$5).
  5. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I live near there....theres a lady that was ordering from Jr (D & J)....he now has told people that didnt buy their stoves from him that his pellets were only if you bought a stove from him. He'll regret that later as more and more supplies become plentiful.
  6. sinnian

sinnian Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Limerick, Maine
    I have a co-worker who bought his stove from them last year and can only get 1 ton per month from them. He picks his up though, idk if there is a difference if you want them to deliver them.
  7. Wood Nugget

Wood Nugget Member

Loc:
    So. ME
    I have ordered through woodpellets4me.com My wife found them at the home show and they were informative and very friendly. Their price seems a little steep compared to Lowes, true value, and the others, but i am willing to give them a try if they can provide pellets when needed and good service.
  8. cimbo190

cimbo190 New Member

Loc:
    southern maine
    Try Tractor Supply in Scarborugh. Lowes in Portland sad they were very backlogged.
  9. compressedwoodsupplier

compressedwoodsupplier New Member

Loc:
    maine
    O'hara Ice in Biddeford has pellets 207-283-1003
  10. mlwschultz

mlwschultz New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I've also heard that Elm Ice & Oil might be carrying them, but I haven't checked it out.

I think at D&J;the pick up option is limited to 1 ton because they are storing that ton of pellets for you. I don't want to keep driving there to pick them up, so am having 3 tons delivered. Then we'll have 4 tons on hand & be ready for winter. Seems like supplies are a bit tight now because everyone's doing what they need to to prepare for the next heating season. We were down to 1/4 tank of oil, so I just put 125 gallons of oil in the tank & it was almost $525. I don't expect to need oil for a long time now. I'm anxious to see how much we can cut our oil use now that we have our pellet stove.
  11. compressedwoodsupplier

compressedwoodsupplier New Member

Loc:
    maine
    I have spoken to elm ice and they are not carrying pellets
    O'hara delivers for $1.50 a mile
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.