1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Piazzetta Monia Installed

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by hedgehog, Nov 20, 2012.

1. AbetterChimneynm

AbetterChimneynm Member

Loc:
    SIlver City, New Mexico
    That is ICC pipe it is pretty good pipe, I am not sure why they would use the tape unless they figured it would leak smoke.....The ICC pipe has the red rubber high temp seal inside of it so I have yet to see them leak smoke so the tape has me very confused.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hedgehog

hedgehog New Member

ya i think my first installer was being overly cautious with the tape.

and the brand is Piazzetta . not many sites out there with info. Anyone know a online parts supplier?
  3. AbetterChimneynm

AbetterChimneynm Member

Loc:
    SIlver City, New Mexico
    That stove looks just like the Palazetti Which we sell they are great stoves not sure if it is the same company our stove are italian
  4. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74 Member

Loc:
    The Great Pacific North Wet
    Good luck with Piazzetta. Hope you never need a repair part.
  5. hedgehog

hedgehog New Member

ya thanks, oh and i hope you dont get shingles
  6. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74 Member

Loc:
    The Great Pacific North Wet
    Hedgehog, Piazzetta has been in the US market twice. First time was in the 80's dealers were left hanging with broken stoves and no parts to fix. They went running back to Italy with their tail between their legs. Screwed the dealers. They were in the US market 5 years ago with gas fireplaces. Broken parts and the units would not work. Ran back to Italy with their tails between their legs again.

I sense a pattern here
  7. Danny Cathcart

Danny Cathcart Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    Ironhorse74 said:
    Good luck with Piazzetta. Hope you never need a repair part.​

"hedgehog - ya thanks, oh and i hope you dont get shingles"

Where's the love? I guess you're just not feeling it. This forum from my view is all about give and take. Some folks are a lot better at giving then they are at taking. Then again, some are as good at taking as they are at giving.

Peace my friend :)
  8. Donald Duck

Donald Duck New Member

I installed my Monia (Burgandy color) last week and fired it up on Friday evening. And we love it! We have a small house in NH (circa 1938) and it easily heats the entire first floor! I still have to play around with the settings/programming to make the best use of a bag of pellets. I used the specs in the owner's manual for the install specs and Duravent pipe for a corner installation, so you can't even see the vent pipe in the room where it was installed.
  9. HotTamale

HotTamale New Member

Just received my Grey Monia, but hate the tile multi colored floor pad, going to trade in for square piece of black granite.

Question for Donald Duck
    Did you receive the regular silver piping along with the unit anyway before going with Black Duravent piping? Don't know why these pellet stoves are coming with basement silver piping instead of something more admirable for the living room.
  10. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Close cousin to my Palazzetti, beautiful stove, shoot the installer!!!
  11. Donald Duck

Donald Duck New Member

I ordered just the stove, the piping was a separate purchase. Duravent can be purchased individual pieces at the home depot or as an install kit.
  12. imacman

imacman Guest

You can save quite a bit of $$ buying it as plain galvanized and then paint it with satin Hi-Heat spray paint. Just needs to be pickled with vinegar before painting. Did mine 5 yrs ago and saved a lot of $$.....paint looks as good today as it did then.
    stayfitz likes this.
  13. HotTamale

HotTamale New Member

Pickled in vinegar?? Wtf!!! How did you pickle the piping? Or do you just wet them down with a sponge in vinegar?
    What does the vinegar do?
    Thanks
  14. HotTamale

HotTamale New Member

Thanks...are you burning a bag per day/night or more?
  15. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    How do you pickle something that's not a pickle;lol;lol;lol;lol;lol;lol;lol;lol
  16. Premier Fireplace MI

Premier Fireplace MI New Member

Loc:
    Macomb Michigan
    They do make black pipe just saying...horrible install it is a sharp stove though. The paint will peel at the points it is taped. Have them get the black pipe. ICC is a great pipe there wood pipe is the best.