Pic of Newly installed Englander 30NCL and hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RISurfer20

Hearth Supporter
May 12, 2007
Pic of Newly installed Englander 30NCL and hearth. After completing the chimney install last weekend, I put the finishing touches on the hearth and wood stove.

Attachments

• web pic stove.jpg
    web pic stove.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3,460
Schweet!

It was getting lonely out here in 30 Land.

NICE ! another "Big Gun" in town.

It may just be the pic but the stovepipe looks a little askew.

Looks great! Nice job on the tile work.

Thanks all. I am happy with the outcome.

“Takes a monster hearth, doesn’t it? What do you have behind the tile and what are your clearances? “

I have cement board directly behind the tile and sheet rock along the walls. As far as clearances, I followed the Englander suggested clearances. 15” from corner of stove. Used double stove pipe which has a 6” clearance but dropped the pipe from the ceiling an extra 6” totaling 12”.

“It may just be the pic but the stovepipe looks a little askew.”

Initially the pipe was a little off due to extra welding inside the stove flue. I grinded it out and now it is level.

does your double wall go all the way down to the stove top? im trying to install mine and it leaves a gap between the 2nd wall and the top, about 1 to 1.5 inches or so i think. the crimped pipe is slightly larger then the hole in the top of the stove past the stove collar, did you modify your crimped end to pass that welded part?

greythorn3 said:
does your double wall go all the way down to the stove top? im trying to install mine and it leaves a gap between the 2nd wall and the top, about 1 to 1.5 inches or so i think. the crimped pipe is slightly larger then the hole in the top of the stove past the stove collar, did you modify your crimped end to pass that welded part?

Having the same problem here.. The Simpson Double Wall, Does not "Fit" Right??? Or it doesn't seem to be right in my mind. I may go take a pic and post it. I am in the early stages of getting everything ready. Very Early. But have found that this was gonna be a problem.

I too am interested. Seems like Single Wall would fit perfect and look clean. But the Double just has something that is Not Right. Because of the Level Shot, I cant tell if the OP's is like this.. But I know exactly what you are saying greythorn3.

greythorn3 said:

Since he hasn't logged into the forum since 2009 an email or PM, which notifies him by email, would probably be the best way to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.