Picture test of driveway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwh442

Nov 18, 2008
Southeast Indiana
This is my first attempt at a picture attachment. Sorry if you're disappointed! Just a bunch of trees and gravel . . .

Attachments

• DSCF3041c.JPG
    DSCF3041c.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 619
It's not disappointing at all! It's very nice!

Beautiful stand of trees. Nice cover from the road. I don't recognize that heavily barked tree on the left. What species is that?
Thanks for the picture. We all like pictures. If you don't have pictures, it didn't happen!
Happy burning.

That's a beautiful driveway to come home to!

maplewood said:
Beautiful stand of trees. Nice cover from the road. I don't recognize that heavily barked tree on the left. What species is that?
Thanks for the picture. We all like pictures. If you don't have pictures, it didn't happen!
Happy burning.
Looky like shagbark hickmory!

We built our house in the middle of a 6 acre woods. I would say that about 60% of the trees are 80 - 100 year old shagbark hickories. The rest are sugar maples, white and black oaks, sassy-fras, hophornbeam and black cherry.

I will honestly say that the shagbarks can be a pain in the @$! during this time of year. Man do we have nuts this year. You need a hardhat in the yard. They also ike to drop "clumps" of twigs with full leaves this time of year. You should hear the lawnmower .... wow.

I'd love driving down that in the morning, nice picture!

Hey Einstein,

I'm glad you picked that up - that explains the large piles of crap I keep finding in the yard! I thought the dog was having issues . . .

Those nuts also attract the critters. When I start my plow tuck in the fall the nuts come out of the muffler. I find them in the air filter also.

Wish that was my driveway!

Same driveway - different season.

Attachments

• DSCF0362.JPG
    DSCF0362.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 340
Lovely...nice move with the chicane for privacy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.