Pictures to prove it happened

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump_Branch

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2010
MD
The New Jotul. Ill have to get better with pictures and show some of the "progress" of it all.

new to MAC...shame i know

Attachments

• IMAG0.jpg
    IMAG0.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 998
Looks sharp! Just make sure that animal can't push the bed too close to the stove. The little bugger will lay there without that bed since it's warm.

Well done.

pen

Stump_Branch said:
new to MAC...shame i know

What's the height of the Oslo with the short leg kit?

pen said:
Looks sharp! Just make sure that animal can't push the bed too close to the stove. The little bugger will lay there without that bed since it's warm.

Well done.

pen

Just replace the bed with an over-sized hamburger bun. Around noon your lunch will be ready.

yes i worry, but "princess" doesn't rest on hard surfaces...

its about to 27 inches to the top and 26.5 to the flue collar (rear mounted)

Stump_Branch said:

Good to know my math was accurate and I can officially add that to "That damn thing won't fit in there" list for the Kitchen fireplace.

Stump_Branch said:

Princess may burn up in the house if she isn't careful! I'd make her sit her ass next to the hearth pad if she's that damn picky! :) Make sure you have protection 18 inches in front of that stove as well.

Have fun with that stove. I'd love to run one of those.

pen

that princess is a feisty little rate dog named tiger lily. she came with the wife. after some consideration...i allowed it. her burning up would be sooo bad. wife would kill me if she read that.

I am still up Trying to figure this stove out. Is a vast difference over the voglezang insert which once resided in that hole. trying to figure out what happens in this stove for the over night burn. first summary, it gets hot.

browning we will find you a tank to fit in that hole for sure.

Stump_Branch said:

That sounds like sexual harassment. We might have to get HR involved in this thread.

Seriously, though, that hole is hopefully filled with the Encore sitting in there.

yeah that thing being on the hearth like that scares me. nothing less than a little spark to set that think up in flames. bu it looks awesome

Stump_Branch said:
that princess is a feisty little rate dog named tiger lily. she came with the wife. after some consideration...i allowed it. her burning up would be sooo bad. wife would kill me if she read that.

I am still up Trying to figure this stove out. Is a vast difference over the voglezang insert which once resided in that hole. trying to figure out what happens in this stove for the over night burn. first summary, it gets hot.

one of those "CUTE LIKE A DOG, ONLY SMALLER THINGS"..............LOL

I dont worry too much come winter, i suppose ill have that thing cranking where even she wont climb up there. I have bunches of pictures of the progess, some with the old stove in there too as we ran out of time. Ha some that arent from a cell phone either.

Nice stove and hearth.

Thanks jake. Do you have any pictures of yours? Be nice to see another slate/oslo combo

I have seen a lot of fireplaces and i love this one!!

Kind of sad about it though.... I would have done mine differently... even though mine is nice, this is great!

Nice set-up.. great stove

Stump_Branch said:
Thanks jake. Do you have any pictures of yours? Be nice to see another slate/oslo combo

I think I've posted some pics in the past . . . I'll have to look. It's pretty plain Jane compared to your hearth . . . I'm thinking about doing some stone work on the walls though at some point to make it look prettier.

Very nice. I am going to take a picture of mine sometime when I have it going. Hard location to get a pretty pic from.

I love hearth installs. It looks great. But I have to ask, was a proper hearth extension added to provide full protection 18" in front of the stove glass?

Very nice install! Do do not see 18" there.........

Caught me, i tried to hide the floor for now. A removable hearth pad is being made as we write also out of slate. I got that idea from you begreen. This was a smallish fire, i got antzy, never needed one with the shoebox of an insert in there.
But all the work i put into the floors in front and everything else, 24" will be out front for peace of mind.

Sounds good. I totally understand wanting to try out the stove. You're going to love it.

I sure hope so. Looks great without a fire too. Just hoping for a noticable gain over the voglezang colonial.

Not shown, this weekend liner was pulled out, cleaned, wraped with 1" insulation, stuffed back down and a 2 ft. Extension put on top. Book says 14 minimum, at least i have that now.

To be safe, move the tools to the dog bed side, now you have to move the bed and it's easier and safer to fill from the door on the left. Says one husband to another. Hate to see that " cute" doggy turn into a "hot doggy'. Be safe
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.