Pine Barren Coal Barren

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jm3isme

Jan 19, 2014
I own a few Pine Barren Piney stoves ( for those that aren't familiar with them, these are the wood burning models ), but I just recently bought a Pine Barren Coal Barren ( which is the coal / wood model ).

Does anyone on this forum have a Coal Barren?

If so, what can you tell me about it?? I want to clean mine up a little before I install it. Have you ever had to replace the glass? How about the brick? Any hints..?

By the way, I'm new here and never posted before.
There's alot of free information in this forum and I like it

Also I hope I didn't post in the wrong area with this topic...

Do you plan to actually burn coal? I ask, because a good coal burner makes for a mediocre wood burner. Two different designs. Coal brings air from underneath. Wood from above.

Do you plan to actually burn coal? I ask, because a good coal burner makes for a mediocre wood burner. Two different designs. Coal brings air from underneath. Wood from above.
No I plan on burning coal... It'll take me a while to get good but I'll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.