Popcorn anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bd911

Nov 10, 2010
Lowell, MA
i just had to try it!

Attachments

• photocorn.jpg
    photocorn.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 594
  • corn2.jpg
    corn2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 581
That would actually be a funny prank. I'm gonna throw a few kernels in a friends stove tomorrow!!

Meanwhile, I am sitting here, watching a movie, enjoying some popcorn as the temps have crossed -5*F and it is still in the low 70s inside, thanks only to pellets.

Man I love this stove!

I didn't know that would work. I would have thought my quad would have done it when some of the corn/pellet mix missed the burnpot. I never saw them popped in there. Maybe they burnt before I could see them. Pretty neat!

Ha! Too funny!
I have been running a mix of corn/pellets through my stove but none have popped yet :lol:

bigdaddyste said:
The real question is What did it taste like? :cheese:

How do you like your carbon :snake: Ya want butter on em?

j-takeman said:
I didn't know that would work. I would have thought my quad would have done it when some of the corn/pellet mix missed the burnpot. I never saw them popped in there. Maybe they burnt before I could see them. Pretty neat!
You are correct in your assumption, sir! The ones in the pot burned, just outside the pot popped, and at varying times. This is straight up Orville popping corn, not feed corn or corn pellet fuel. Very cool.....well interesting but doubt any recoverable btu was present. :)

bigdaddyste said:
The real question is What did it taste like? :cheese:
Tasted like ash covered styrofoam!

Status
Not open for further replies.