Post your wood shed Pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red:

Take a look in the Picture Forum. Should be something in there..

In this thread https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13397/ are pictures of two different pallet sheds I built this summer. The one on the left is in the woods and made with just plain old pallets, 2x4's , nails, pressboard with tar paper for the roof. Holds about 4 1/2 to 5 cords fully loaded. The one on the right is a bit more elaborate and the back wall is made of these 4'x7' plywood pallets I found on Craigslist that were used to ship huge industrial parts from China on. They are 5/8 ply of some Chinese wood, tough as nails. The sides are regular pallets, floor is pallets with strips of scrap plywood across. Roof is pressboard again but since it was near the house and quite visible with the peaked roof, I shingled the roof. Holds almost 7 cords fully loaded. I will put up 2 more just pallet sheds this coming summer, each to hold about 5 to 6 cords. They are easy to build, material cost is really low and air circulation is excellent. They look rustic which on my wood edges are very cool looking. Hope to have around 20 cord in sheds by next fall. Ready for the next ice-age!

The log shed.

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,018
Here's a picture of the wood shed I built a few years back. It measures 6x8 and holds about 2.25 cords. This was before we were heating with wood, so now I wish it were twice as big. It's regular 2x4 construction with a salt-box roof and cedar clapboard on the outside.

Josh

WoodShed.jpg

Here's my woodsheds (design from the Black & Decker site a couple of years back). They don't hold that much, but this is Japan and land is expensive. I have another area where I cut and store wood out in the open. Then I truck it back to my house and fill up the woodsheds.

Attachments

• CIMG0132.JPG
    CIMG0132.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 592
Here's mine.

Instant Woodshed : )

Attachments

• 043326790125md.jpg
    043326790125md.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 533
Status
Not open for further replies.