Pottery in the stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmoelk

Hearth Supporter
Howdy all. I'm too busy to search right now, so my apologies in advance if this has been covered. But I was wondering if anyone has done any Raku pottery inside their woodstove?

I remember taking Ceramics 101 and we made Raku pots in a metal trash can with a gas burner inside. However, I believe traditionally Raku is done with burning wood in pits that are dug into the ground. I'm too far removed from ceramics to recall the details of how Raku is made, but I remember it being a low fire operation. I think with a little practice firing Raku in a woodstove would be possilbe, or perhaps I am way out in left field today?

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.