PP130 won't feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cafish64

Dec 4, 2015
Michigan
Hi everyone,
Hoping someone can give me advice I bought my pellet burner last November. I only used it from December 2014 through March 2015. I started it back up this November when the temp dropped.
So it's only been used for a total of 5 months, I have stayed up on all of my cleanings including sweeping out the baffles.
On Thanksgiving Day it stopped feeding pellets, there was an odd odor and the light was blinking red.
Not thinking to count the blinks I'm not sure if it was 3 or 4 blink. I have completely cleaned it again but it still won't feed pellets.
I've cleaned the hopper completely out, sweep everything I can think of. Everything else seems to be working right when I initiate the start up it just doesn't feed pellets nor does it sound like the anger is trying to dispense.
I have a hard time believing the feed anger motor would go bad after 5 months of use.
Any suggestion?

Reactions: Don2222
Does your stove have an auger stop switch under the hopper lid?

I believe it does, but my manual calls it a hopper switch.
The manual also shows a Snap disc, Manual reset but I'm just not seeing it I'm not sure how to get to it. It's not behind the baffles, but sits in front of the hopper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.