problems with st croix hastings pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corky69

Feb 9, 2015
Michigan
I have been having problems with my pellet stove. After 6 yrs. & a new combustion fan & convection fan things were going well until a few weeks ago. Lately I have had a lot of cinders & the flame is burning very hot & high. I have always used the same pellets from same co. as all the people I know with pellet stoves. I clean my stove a couple of times a week just the basic type & once a month the extensive cleaning where I use the snake drain in the holes by pellet shute, all the wire brushing, vacuuming ect. My damper has always been set on the same level so I can't figure out whats wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Welcome to the site. Hopefully someone can address your issue. Pellet manufactures do change their stock and with some reading here you can find that sometimes for good and bad. Some pellet companies are no more than rebagging product.

Check to make sure all you ash covers are in place properly. If you have the fake brick, look behind the biggest one and make sure the plugs are still in the holes to either side of the pellet chute - my flames went crazy when those somehow disappeared during a cleaning..

Check all your gaskets; door, both ash drawer door gaskets (one on door and one on the base), and hopper gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.