Quadrafire Mt Vernon Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo-Quad

Feb 3, 2010
Illinois
Where is a good place to get a blower gasket for a NON AE MT Vernon? I tried the local places but they don't have any. They just keep suggesting some red caulk sealant. I think I'd rather have the gasket. I need to get this back together. Its cooling down pretty good at night now.

I'm with you Turbo...(I assume you are referring to the combustion blower)...How come Quad doesn't make sure the dealers have lots of gaskets!!...I'd make my own if I could get a spec...I have the size but when I asked Quad for what the material was they said call the dealer to get one...duhh ...and woodheatstoves.com wants $32 shipping to send one gasket to Canada!

prolly shoulda had one in hand before removing it.
if its the white fiberglass looking material thats called lytherm.
check local plumbing and heating suppliers.
u could make ur own if urs is good enuf to get a template from.

pierhead:
quads msrp on the item from 2008 is $33, if you want a copy of the retail price list, let me know! we dont create these prices, quad does

we have done lots of cross referencing, did you see the link on that page to a much cheaper alternative??

Thanks Dave...this was no knock against you guys...I find your site a great resource, I was looking at the smaller round gasket #812-4710 which is $9 each.....but $31 is what the website came back for shipping cost as UPS was the only option...USPS would be a much cheaper shipping option for us Canucks especially for small light stuff like gaskets. ....My point is Quad should be ensuring that their dealers carry sufficient stock to service the stoves they sell.

peirhead said:
Thanks Dave...this was no knock against you guys...I find your site a great resource, but $32 is what the website came back for shipping cost as UPS was the only option...USPS would be a much cheaper shipping option for us Canucks especially for small light stuff like gaskets. ....My point is Quad should be ensuring that their dealers carry sufficient stock to service the stoves they sell.

dealers not wanting to stock stuff is why we exist :)

i wish i could offer usps shipping option online, but lots of items come direct from manufacturers, and can only be shipped ups or fed-ex

for small items that we stock (like this one) we are happy to ship via usps upon request( cost-u-less)
plus i will always offer discounts to Hearth.commers

i wasn't sure if you were "knocking" us or not, just wanted to set the record straight

:cheers:

I haven't actually removed mine yet. I am trying to get one so that I can remove it. I have the stove away from the wall and have pulled the convection blower. Just need the gasket and then I can take the blower off. I've used RTV on my furnace so maybe that is the way to go.

I'm not too sure about the disconnect. I stopped at the convection blower. I'll have to take a look tonight and get back with you on Monday (no pc at home).

Status
Not open for further replies.