Quardra-Fire Santa Fe won't stop feeding pellets during startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brg25

Feb 18, 2015
Cortland, NY
Good Morning.

I have a Quardra-Fire Santa Fe with electronic ignition that is 6 years old. Normally during start up it will feed pellets for about a minute then stop. The pellets will ignite, the stove gets up to temperature and the stove will then continue to feed pellets.

Last night I started it up and it never stopped feeding pellets. They also did not appear to ignite. What I did temporarily was to pull one of the leads off the vacuum switch to stop the auger. I then lit the pellets in the burn pot with a propane torch, waited until the stove got up to temperature and then plugged the lead back into the vacuum switch. The stove ran fine after that.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

happened to me last night. i realized as soon as the initial pellets would ignite the thermo tripped. I just moved the thermo up a tick and bam problem solved.

How has it been since? Have you checked and seen if igniter gets red? kap

I have Quadrafire Contour that goes out after two hours. Any advice to fix?
If you want answers, don't piggyback on another thread. Make your own.

happened to me last night. i realized as soon as the initial pellets would ignite the thermo tripped. I just moved the thermo up a tick and bam problem solved.
Are you saying that the thermostat was satisfied and that solved your problem? If it was on the initial feed and ignition, having the call light go out, would not cause it to continue to feed.

For me yea I think it was the thermo.

Last night I removed the control box circuit board and re seated it in the socket. That fixed the problem. Thanks.
Make sure the stove is unplugged before removing and replacing the control box. Of course, too late to tell you that now, but for the next guy using the search routine to find the answer to this problem, it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.