Question about Installation Charges

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famer

Aug 18, 2008
NJ
My dealer is charging $1550 to install my Kennebec and that only included 15' of SS liner. I got him to bump it up to 19' (comes in 4' sections apparently), but I'll need at least another 4'. Do most installers do it this way? Other dealers I've used and/or got quotes from never put a limit on the length of the liner.

Thanks again!

if it doesnt sound right get another bid sure wont hurt

Not sure if it will help but this is what it cost me to have my local dealer install a BIS Ultima fireplace. I did the prep work in building a platform and the finishing, they were to come in set it and do all the venting cutting holes etc.

Total bill was $3750, 12' of packed stainless chimney, the labor bill was $375 with a $25 trip charge and it took 2 guys a little over 5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.