Questions from a newby.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow Alaskan. After great review and priceing Ive decited on the Supreme Plus, Zero clerance wood stove and here's why.
1. It takes up less space than a free standing, in order to create enough space, (and keep the wife happy), with the free standing i was going to put it a large alcove, spending any money I would have saved by choosing a free standing stove.
2. The Supreme Plus Takes a 6 inch pipe instead of a 7 inch that other zero clearance stoves take, so I can get the pipe at a better price rather than buying the required pipe only from them at an inflated price. The difference was about a thousand dollars.
3.The Supreme Plus is ductable which will enable me to put good heat in the bonus room and the garage with the doors closed, an option I can even do later if I dont have the funds now.
4. The Supreme Plus "PROCLAIMS" to have 100,000 BTU output with a 10-12 hours burn time, thats more stove than I need, so if it can come even close to that it will be plenty good for my little house.
Also it has a stainless steel fire box instead of brick so it will heat up quik and last as long as the stove around it. (Hopefully!)
5. I liked the looks of the Supreme Plus, and its got a big window for "THE MOOD"!!!
Its been a lot af research and shopping, the local dealers all recognize my voice by now Im sure, but I think Ive got it nailed down. Hope that helps.

PS. If anyone has any good info on the Supreme Plus, good or bad, Id be glad to hear about it. Thanks, Gillen

Status
Not open for further replies.