Raise stove apd

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minesmoria

Dec 17, 2005
I am going to raise the stove off the floor 6 inches. The floor is a cement slab so i will just frame and porr on top.

should i use rebar to make it stronger?

Would'ent hurt. ;-P

I'm currently building a raised hearth on our slab for our woodstove. I opted for 4x8x16 CMU's, laid on their side in a mortar bed, but with no mortar in between.

The mortar bed was to keep them in place, and to level out the floor which isn't perfect. I opted for this solution because
1. I had the blocks on hand
2. I didn't relish the notion of hand-mixing and pouring the amount of cement I would need for the project
3. CMU's are easier to handle than bags of concrete mix.

The blocks will be tiled, top, front and sides, with slate. You might want to consider asking your rebar question at
AllExperts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.