Raising the woodstove off the floor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westkywood

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2009
Kentucky
So I'm wanting to raise my pedestal wood stove about a foot off the floor. I'm not wanting to use tile. I just want something simple. I'm not really a "cosmetic" guy. I'm thinking of using 2x12's to build the base out of, then cover it with a layer of Durock, then paint it black. The base will sit on the floor pad I have down already.
Anyone see a problem with doing it that way? Thanks.

Is this for the Super 27? If yes, that should be ok.

I built mine up 6" and wish I had gone to 8 or more. So much easier to load and nicer to view the fire.

Is this for the Super 27? If yes, that should be ok.

Actually it will be for a Summit. My main concern was the one 1/2" Durock board being enough. I'd think it would be fine since it will all be sitting on a 36x54" pad..

You will need 3/4" plywood under the Durock for stiffness, but as long as the stove only requires an ember protection hearth it should be ok as planned

You will need 3/4" plywood under the Durock for stiffness, but as long as the stove only requires an ember protection hearth it should be ok as planned

Thanks.. That be the plan.......

Status
Not open for further replies.