Re: You can tell Fall is on the way. . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Old members are returning . . . and new members are joining and asking more questions . . . it seems as though every Monday for the past couple weeks there are many more posts than what we saw just a few weeks back . . . methinks less daylight and some cooler temps in some places have got folks starting to think about the Fall . . .

So in any case, to our old members . . . welcome back, we've missed hearing from you.

And to our new members . . . welcome . . . feel free to peruse old threads or ask questions if you've got them.

ive been thinking about fall since the first day it was 90 and humid. Can't wait.

I agree Jake....more and more tend to be joining. I certainly spread the Gospel of this place. It has been a HUGE help for me!

Andrew

I still haven't gotten my stove installed. Ask me anything about postponing projects. ;)

Jake, good to come back home to the site. Have plenty of wood this season, all stacked and quite dry. Built another woodshed over the summer, waiting for those cool fall nights. Labrador

firefighterjake said:
Old members are returning . . . and new members are joining and asking more questions . . . it seems as though every Monday for the past couple weeks there are many more posts than what we saw just a few weeks back . . . methinks less daylight and some cooler temps in some places have got folks starting to think about the Fall . . .

So in any case, to our old members . . . welcome back, we've missed hearing from you.

And to our new members . . . welcome . . . feel free to peruse old threads or ask questions if you've got them.

I missed you, man. *Group Hug*

Matt

Yep. August comes around and traffic on hearth.com and in our local stove shop picks up.

Guess I'm one of the new guys. :). Have been thinking about winter since moving into our new house in June, just waiting until we could afford a log splitter to start on all the piles of wood around the new property. Man, those things are expensive. Oh yeah, also needed a truck to tow the log splitter (need being relative ;))

I'm really psyched to find such a great community online. Who knew there would be this kind of resource for something as seemingly simple as burning stuff in your house?

-Nate

I'm one of the "new" member who just joint earlier this year. We had our Lopi Declaration installed in Feb and had a little bit of "test run" during the snow storm that month. But nothing stellar, due to the lack of seasoned woods at that time. Now I have a cord+ of reasonably dry woods in my back yard. So I've been counting for Winter to come since the last snow was gone!!

Also I've been lucky so far to join couple of forums with a very nice people like our Hearth.com. Another place you may want to look into is http://www.spiritburner.com/. It's a place for people who collect antique camp stove...and actually use them. Equally nice people, with something related to us here......Fire!!

Cheers.....Som

Nate,
If you hang around here enough you will definetly spend more money on toys you never thought about or even thought you would need. Hearth.com can be an expensive hobby! :lol:

Todd said:
Nate,
If you hang around here enough you will definetly spend more money on toys you never thought about or even thought you would need. Hearth.com can be an expensive hobby! :lol:

Hell, I ended up with an entire collection of stoves. Speaking of which, did I tell you about the $425 Fireview I saw for sale....

Heh, I can believe it. At least the stove came with the house and we have effectively unlimited firewood on our property (given unlimited time to cut and split it). I'm hoping I can break even on the log splitter this year by not spending so much on heating oil. We'll see how that works out ;)

BrowningBAR said:
Todd said:
Nate,

Hell, I ended up with an entire collection of stoves. Speaking of which, did I tell you about the $425 Fireview I saw for sale....

You better jump all over that one you stove addict! :lol:

Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:
Todd said:
Nate,

You better jump all over that one you stove addict! :lol:

IT WILL NEVER BE WARM ENOUGH!!!!

The weather is gradually getting and staying cooler. Days are shorter. Leaves are starting to turn. Matter of fact, took down a maple yesterday whose leaves were turning. The first maple I've seen on the property to do that. 1/6 cord. I measured. :cheese:
It had black ants in it. I think they were having a tunneling party in there.

I check the site daily, but linger longer in the colder months. Figured I'd say something anyway. Hi again everyone.

PapaDave said:
The weather is gradually getting and staying cooler.

I have no idea what you are talking about. It is scheduled to be in the low 90s for the next 3-4 days.

I am a new member who has burned wood for over 20 yrs and never new what seaqsoned wood was. I found this site trying to decide which EPA stove to purchase after giving myOak eating Smoke Dragon away. Anyway you say my new Joutul loves good seasoned wood well do the best I can this season. On another post I offered to trade good split 5 month stacked oak for some seasoned wood had one offer up in Alaska I live in Virgina.

Caint wait to see how new stove burns havent even had breakm in fire yet not done with new Hearth.

Thanks for all good advice and chats.

Cpt

Attachments

• Christmas 2009 Va 005.jpg
    Christmas 2009 Va 005.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 483
I was thinking about the increase in traffic also, I was getting one or two pages when clicking on the "new post" link, now I'm getting 5 - 6. Hello all! Looking forward to my 3rd year on here and 3rd year burning.

a couple of weeks ago this thread wouldn't have more than 5 posts in it, I think i'm the 20th! I think you are right, Jake....

Todd said:
Nate,

Boy, ain't that the truth! I do not spend any money heating my house as long as you don't count the stove, and then the new stove and then the second stove and the saw and the second saw and then the third saw and then the new cylinder for the the third saw and now there is a 395XP with a 42" bar on Craigslist that I absolutely don't need but sure would be fun to have.

Yep, I am back to putting up firewood and anxiously getting ready to move it closer to the house for the season! Is that right, I have been here for 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.