Regency i3100 Insert Baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes, the stove has self-destructed due to deferred maintenance. I would be very uncomfortable burning in it. There are so many cracks, some in quite unusual places. The concern is uncontrollable burning, more cracks developing with a full load of fuel burning and CO leaks.

The 3 inserts mentioned earlier are all Canadian made. They sell for about $2700 here. We need full fireplace dimensions to know if they fit. If money is tight there are some decent ~2 cu ft inserts made that fall in the $1000 range in the US made by SBI. How large an area are you trying to heat?

If it wasn't for the multiple cracks in the face I would go for it. But that looks bad. Have you checked the face and the door with a straight edge?

Everything on the face or outside is still straight, just like hairline cracks with the exception on that middle top one (maybe 1/8”). Which I think all of those three cracks along the top front are from that crack in the top of metal box inside.

Yes, the stove has self-destructed due to deferred maintenance. I would be very uncomfortable burning in it. There are so many cracks, some in quite unusual places. The concern is uncontrollable burning, more cracks developing with a full load of fuel burning and CO leaks.

The 3 inserts mentioned earlier are all Canadian made. They sell for about $2700 here. We need full fireplace dimensions to know if they fit. If money is tight there are some decent ~2 cu ft inserts made that fall in the $1000 range in the US made by SBI. How large an area are you trying to heat?

Well we may have to pull the stove completely out tomorrow to weld it back up at which point I can get the full dimensions but it’s a very large fire pit in behind and a tall heating demand required hence why they went with this size of insert to begin with. If I didn’t trust my father’s long career of welding as a professional I think I’d agree with you and say it’s scrap time (after seeing If i could get the gold off it first-lol).

I will check out those models you’ve mentioned and contact some of the local dealers tomorrow. I’d like to see some demo’s in person. I’ve heard locals here rave about “Napoleon” stoves. Not a fan of the designs. I like some of Quadrafire inserts but not the price tag.

Napoleon has been around for a long while. We rarely see them here on the west coast, especially the newer models, so I can't personally comment on them. Their 1400 series inserts are ok, but 2 cu ft.