Remote Thermostat not Working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HnHNevada

Nov 9, 2020
Reno, Nevada
I have a Monessen vent free propane cast iron stove with an Ambient Technologies WWTA programmable wall mounted remote. The remote is not working properly and I’m tired of trying to troubleshoot the problem and want to just replace it with something that can regulate the temperature during the day when we are using the stove. We feel safer by turning the stove off (no pilot light) overnight and on days when we don’t need the extra heat. So maybe all I need is something simpler like – turn on the gas, light the pilot, set the temperature to 68 degrees and forget about it; then when leaving or going to bed, turn off the stove and shut off the gas. So I’m seeking input from members that may have the same type of situation (stove not fireplace) and what you’re doing and what product you may recommend. Note: I do not want to have to add any adapters and certainly don’t want wifi or that kind of nonsense. This ole rancher just wants the stove to regulate itself to keep a steady temperature during the day. Thank you!