1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Russo #2C/W manuals please

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by barkede, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barkede

barkede New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Hi,

I just bought this stove but the woman I bought it from did not have a manual. Does anyone have one? Is this a good stove it burns coal and wood. I just paid $700 for it was that a good price or was I taken for a ride? I dont have a clue but is seemed ok. Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Denise

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Russo made good coal stoves from what I've read. You might try to contact these folks for the manual:
    http://www.fireplaceseast.com/

PS: BB, you're a prophet.
  3. WOODBUTCHER

WOODBUTCHER Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pomfret, CT
    Send me a private message, I have it on file.

Woodbutcher
  4. Manicmech

Manicmech New Member

Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Hey Woodbutcher, could I get a copy of that manual too ?? I just set up what the dataplate says is a #2 C/W built in 1980, however it seems to be missing a few parts, I would like to view the manual to see what else is missing. Can't beat the price - There's no Bee like a Freebee !!
  5. WOODBUTCHER

Loc:
    Pomfret, CT
    See post below.......

WoodButcher
  6. WOODBUTCHER

Loc:
    Pomfret, CT
  7. rrob311

rrob311 New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    I have a #2 Coal Stove (Russo) and it is not represented by that manual. It doesn't have blower cutouts. I also have a #2 coal wood combination which this manual properly depicts. Does anyone know of a manual for the #2 coal with the circular grate?
  8. blackcorrado

blackcorrado New Member

Loc:
    cleveland, ohio
    I'm pretty sure this is the same model of stove i have but i'm having a problem
    getting my flue liner to match up to the stove outlet.

the pictures in the manual show a round outlet, mine has a square outlet and i'm
    just wondering if there is some adaptor that i can buy or if i can just weld up my
    own adaptor to get it to my flue liner?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. rrob311

rrob311 New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    That stove is an insert and I would imagine it is supposed to directly vent into a conventional rectangular fireplace. (like the one I have)
  10. methotical

methotical New Member

hey, can you send me that manual. i tried openning that link and it would not open. you can send it to methotical5669@yahoo.com. much obliged.
  11. Steve Vetter

Steve Vetter New Member

Could I also get a copy of the manual, I've looked everywhere for one. You can send it to slvetter@nd.gov Thank you so much. STEVE
  12. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Guys - you may want to start a conversation with WoodButcher. Or possibly start a new thread. He is still an active member of this site (but not so much recently). This is pretty much a zombie thread started waaay back in 2008.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.