Santa must have been taking good notes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I recently burned out my portable Bench saw but Santa was listening here what I got

Attachments

• bench saw.jpg
    bench saw.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 461
HUGH HUGH HUGH!!! Gotta love tool gifts. Got a set of Carbide router bits and a real nice set of chisels.

Congradulates.- The image comes up a little - little, but I got the idea. make sure the first project is a "thank you" for the giver.

You will be able to cut some nice firewood with that for sure. :->

Good deal, I've wanted a portable forever now. Looked at the Ridgid one, and it looks nice. Is that a Delta?

Until then my old Ryobi will have to serve me, don't use the table saw too much, but when you need it, you need it.

By the way Elk, is that inside your shop? Wow, super clean!

Congrats!

-Kevin

That's a nice saw Elk. My brother has a 10" Ryobi, it's a decent saw. While it's not too portable here at the shop we have an old Delta/Rockwell 10" Unisaw. I uncovered about 5 years ago and called to get a manual. The guy at Delta knew exactly what it was and actually wanted the saw!

Mine was a Sawzall and a new Frued blade for the table saw. Santa didn't listen on the blade though. Wanted a 42 tooth 10" thin Kerf combo blade. Got a 60 tooth 8.5 " finish blade. Nice blade, just doesn't work on the TS very well for general purpose work.

This was the year of returns. Probably 50% of the adult gifts missed. I think most of it has to do with my parents getting older. 81 this year.

Stock blade is 36 tooth already replaced with 120 tooth. That's not my only bench saw I have a contractor ridgid cast iron base.

I have an old dwalt radial arm saw , Makita LS 1212 12' coumpoundslide miter saw Craftsman 12' Band saw another 10" band saw, Bench top scrill saw
40' lath I used to have an entire workshop setup but lost the space when I finnished over my garage into an Apartment.

Just finnished ripping up the carpet in my familly room 22/ 24 and installed oak flooring I finished the eve of Thanksgiving. Before that my 12/16" shed

Portable to me is what I can lift and place in my pk truck The best portable bench saw is the Makita I wanted to purchase it but saw this saw a couple of weeks back sittin in my daughter's house. I knwe Buying the Makita would have caused me more grief than it would be worth this is a Craftsman I will learn to be happy with.
The 120 tooth thin blades produce the finest cuts and not cheap I also have one on my Mikita Coumpound Miter saw. Me, I have extras. Infact they even get better after I send them out for sharpening, I find that they can be sharpened about 4 times before diminishing returns, but a hell of a lot cheaper then buying new. The key is to buy a quality new blade not a cheapy

I got a new tablesaw 3 years ago. 2 years ago I started renovating this house, and guess what...... I haven't used it yet. I wanted it, I needed it, but haven't used it. Who knows maybe this winter I will use it.

No tools here. I got to select my own gift this year and have the Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station installed and working. Still need to setup the computer interface though. For my honey I got a Roku Music Server. This is a really sweet setup that lets her listen to internet radio stations and music files on the computer without having to go to the computer. Works great! It will be setup eventually in the kitchen once the amp arrives.

I bought myself a Unisaw a couple weeks ago. I'm about to go out to the shop to build a mobile base for it. once I get it fully set up I will probably sell my Jet contractor saw.
Can't imagine how you renovated the house without using the table saw. I think that's the most used tool in my shop. In fact, when my dad gave me the Jet it was the turning point in the quality of my work.

The circular saw was my saw of choice, Along with my chalk line. Got alot of use from a compound mitre saw. Just no use with the table saw. I know its crazy, but I just didn't feel the need to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.