1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Scare in the Woodpile

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by johnsopi, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    Love the scarry pics! Now I think my tote box holds approx. 1 cu.ft of wood and can`t hardly ever recall bringing one in WITHOUT spiders,specially those "jumpers". least that is what I call them. Don`t ever recall being attacked by one :blank: however. I dunno , maybe the 3 cats we have got to them first, but I have never found one crawling around on me or holding me up for ransom? Don`t think they are intimidating either, rather I like the fact that they take care of the mosquitoes,ants, termites, and other nasties for me. :cheese:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Dude, that was not right! I'm having second thoughts about reaching deep inside my Holz Hauzen from now on.

On a side note, we just got back from vacation I just noticed today a raccoon that is hanging around my second woodpile. I went down to investigate and I heard a good deal of scratching going on deep in the belly of the beast.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.