Selkirk direct temp venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbix

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
OH
I would like to use this venting on an enviro m55 (4" exhaust). question; including appliance adapter and the piece which separates the air and exhaust, what is the minimum distance from the wall thimble to the back of the stove? This would be a horizontal vent. I've tried to estimate it, but would appreciate real world numbers. Thanks in advance.

Maybe try pm'ing don2222 he has been using it lately. Unfortunately both my installs are vertical.

Hello
I just did a Selkirk DT up & out install yesterday in my garage. You can see all the parts on our web site too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 339
Hello
I just did a Sellirk up & out install yesterday in my garage. You can see all the parts on our web site too.

He wants to do a Direct vent Don?

I think member mepellet has a Direct vent DT install on his Harman.

Where did you purchase the M-55? Did you buy the M-55 steel demo model off CL. Or is yours the M-55 Cast?

There was a demo model a dealer ran that was on CL for just over $2k.. I looked at it pretty hard, but had another model I was looking at and settled on it.

I will be using DT also on my Eurostar. Are you ordering online? Or from a dealer? Sorry for the 20 questions ;)

Looking forward to some install pics when its all done. The M-55 is an awesome stove. In Steel or Cast (I prefer Steel, bigger hopper, ash pan, and would fit better in our home.)

He wants to do a Direct vent Don?

Selkirk DT makes 5 kits for Pellet stoves
Up & Out is one of the most common.

I also installed the Selkirk DT Masonry. That was more intensive!

I think member mepellet has a Direct vent DT install on his Harman.
I have an up and out install but I am more than willing to help a out. Just will have to be tomorrow. Been too busy today. I will pm the op tomorrow. Should Just be a matter of looking at the catalog. I believe it has dimensions.

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.