Selkirk Double Wall Black pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AppalachianStan

Minister of Fire
Nov 4, 2011
Clover SC
I have Selkirk Class A 8" chimney. SuperVent or SuperPro. I am thinking of go to a double wall black stove pipe to get warmer flue temps.
1. Is it true that double wall has warmer flue temps?
2. Dose warmer flue temps mean you have better draft?

I have Selkirk Class A 8" chimney. SuperVent or SuperPro. I am thinking of go to a double wall black stove pipe to get warmer flue temps.
1. Is it true that double wall has warmer flue temps?
2. Dose warmer flue temps mean you have better draft?
What are your flue temps now and how much single wall pipe do you have?

almost 5' of single wall and flue temps is 175* right now with cat probe temps at 900*.

almost 5' of single wall and flue temps is 175* right now with cat probe temps at 900*.
Well they recommend double wall to any one with low flue temps and or a cat stove (long run also) so you have 2 of the three , don't know if you will see an improvement with the stove or not but that's whats called for, make sure you get the sealed type (not sure how much of the air cooled is out there but I know both types are available).

Thanks you Oldspark. Now to try and fine the right brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.