Should I Burn That Pizza Box?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we all been lied to by the Brian Williams and Jon Stewarts of this world so long that no one recognizes perspective of scale any more ?
What does that have to do with anything? The discussion is about whether pizza boxes will damage the stove it not has absolutely nothing to do with politics or environmental concerns at all..

This thread won't die (dye?). I used to test inks used in food packaging for metals (they were veg based and under FDA reg as was the entire pkg) and the metal content was very very low. Not an expert on inks and this was a long time ago but if this is about pizza boxes, the amount of metal contained in a box is in the micro if not nano gram level. There's probably as much trace metal in cord wood as there is in cardboard used for food.

Regarding cardboard in general, made who knows where, who the 'ell knows what's in it.

Reactions: bholler
The dye

Well I hope you don't plan on being cremated because those massive quantities of metal-based pigments in your lungs are going to destroy the earth. [/sarc]

Have we all been lied to by the Brian Williams and Jon Stewarts of this world so long that no one recognizes perspective of scale any more ?

I meant which metals.......

beatign_dead_horse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.