1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Simple Question, How much does a PU Truck Hold, CL add

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by HDRock, Apr 4, 2013.

1. bigbarf48

bigbarf48 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Stone Mountain GA
    I think the issue is killing something that ISNT just a trailer. Overloading a trialer by that much is generally not a safe course of action
    HDRock likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bret Chase

Bret Chase Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine
    the chances of killing someone in 3rd-hi with the 1500# trailer hooked to my JD1050 (9mph) is pretty frickin' low....

especially considering the length of travel on public roads is less than 150 yards... if I wanted to take the long way and use the family's private road and ROW's.... 50 yards...
  3. Michael Golden

Michael Golden Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Cambridge, Ohio
    You may not have to drive far with overloaded trailer, but this guy has a 15 or 20 mile trip. So it wouldn't be wise for him to do what you do.
    HDRock likes this.
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

What you get away with towing with your 1050 is completely different than what's safe and reasonable (not to mention legal) to do on public roads at normal speeds. Nowhere in your post did you mention that you were using a tractor as the tow vehicle and for the most part staying off public roads.

The OP asked about hauling via a trailer hooked to a vehicle (not a pickup truck either) and traveling 20 miles over public highway.
    HDRock likes this.
  5. nate379

nate379 Guest

I did that once....

Cost me about $1000 all said and done. 2 new axles, new tires, new wheel and I had to straighten the trailer... and had to fight over a ladies windshield... was tailgating me when the tire blew and a big piece flew right into her car.

Attached Files:

HDRock and MasterMech like this.
  6. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    If some one read this and your other post,(and missed your last one) and didn't know any better, things could go real bad when it comes time to stop the vehicle and load.
  7. Bret Chase

Bret Chase Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine
    Ok, I missed this one... towing with a jeep... yikes.