Single wall stove pipe, installed to close?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate what Im1999 is saying. How ever that is all based on manufacturers establishing a starting point. So you can't be over cautious until you know where the line is. I made a call to englander for some clarification. After being on hold for almost 2 hours ( understandable do to it being the start of heating season, however the response was follow the instructions of the stove pipe company. But at the end of the conversation I had a building code question and the answer was englander specs should be followed. I'm still confused.

I had a similar situation a month ago when I finished my F600 install. I met all clearances and was still unhappy with the temperature of the wall behind the stove. I bought a 12" x 24" sheet of 24 gauge copper and made a heat shield that supplements the Jotul factory shield, but looks much nicer. Follow your gut instinct. You know your home, and your install, better than any manual as long as you are erring on the side of caution and not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.