Snow shower alert!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
Wow, early in the season to be seeing that on the news around these parts! flurries/mix precip for early Monday morning possible. Looks like we may be in for a cold one.

Well finished the leaves today, But didn't get the gutters yet. Hope its nothing. Now with daylight savings time. I can't do anything till the weekend. Not ready yet!

I only work 4 days a month and I still can't get much done! My mnd says do it, but my body says "not so fast!" Took the gutters down. Now if I just get a warm afernoon to get those few hundred spring bulbs planted.

Now I really wish I had finished the leaves after work today.

It looks like northeastern CT got the worst so far for CT anyway. We got some freezing rain that stuck to the deck and vehicles. Mostly wind that brought down more leaves(errrrrr). The roads were OK on the way in to work. Could have been much worse.

About 1/2" sleet this morning on Cape Cod.

Idiot drivers all over the roads this morning. I saw 3 different accidents. The roads were not that bad.

The boneheads on the radio station I listen too were whining about the lack of DPW vehicles out laying down sand/salt. For what amounted to a heavy frost.

I guess these people forgot that it occasionally gets cold in New England. The snish was changing to rain by 6:30AM.

Glad I leave early in AM and return late. I miss most of the real morons on the roads.

What are they going to do when their windshields have a heavy frost on them and the road slush actually freezes.

It took me an extra 1/2 hour to get work today. Because I was going slower (to meet conditions) and because of a bad wreck on 495South in Raynham.

I swear these people either need to take driving lessons again or move!

---Nailer---

i have close to 1/2" of sleet and snow. Roads were honestly slick, and they sallted the roads around here. Still in the 30's and the stove is burning away to keep warm.

Here in NW Oregon (South of PDX 25 miles) we are having RAIN and cold.

Snow level at about 3000 ft today through the week. Here at the ranch its just wet.

Got the gutter stuff done as well as had to fix a troublesome leak in the roof over the master bath.

Stinking little vent pipe roof jack "boot" had cracked and was making a mess.

Amazing how much water can leak in a crack no bigger than a PEA.

Sealed that all up and the sheetrock is drying out nicely. Will have to paint the spot with "KilZ" and touch up the ceiling though.

The joys of owning a home eh ??

Still thinking that we are going to get slammed this winter. Getting the gen sets ready and soon will top off the Pellet pile and the nut shells too.

Winter is very early this year.

I only remember a couple times that the local ski areas have been able to open some runs before Holloween. Normally its thnaksgiving or later.

A note to all. Be sure and check the antifreeze in your vehicles radiator. Hard to look cool when its colder than all get out and you remember that the family car has little antifreeze due to that leak you haxd on the way camping this summer, and you filled it from the lake.

Snowy

Well up here in Bucky beaver land we only got some wind and rain.

Electricity has been out all over the place due to downed branches etc...

Ah the joys of being close to a substation with multiple feeds, not a single flicker here.

I already have my snowblower out under a tarp, it is already to rumble.

It is getting close to that time, shortly my birds won't want to be out.

Still have to get the leaves cleaned up, the lawn mowed, and the tulips planted.

At least all of the big jobs are taken care of. No more shoveling of large amounts dirt or compost.

Next up it is time to check out the Christmas lights. I've got to decide what I'm going to do this year, whatever it is, it will be simple and not involve ladders.

Status
Not open for further replies.