So cold in the UK AND THE STOVE IS TAKING A BASHING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this will be taxing allot of the buildings and people there. Whether you use extra plastic or blankets at your windows will help retain some of the heat during your extreme weather.
Good luck and hope you keep warm.

Neil said:
-21 In parts of Scotland last night and minus 11 where I live near Straford Upon Avon, burning 24/7 for the first time in 3 years and it is set to continue thsi cold till Xmas at least.

Aren't you glad you have a woodstove? :)

Ray

It's been pretty mild here so far this Fall. Only a few short stretches of colder than average weather but it's early yet. I bet your glad you have wood heat.

Is that Celsius temps?

Shari

Brrr. -19 °C in Wales. Diesel congeals at -15 °C. Lots of stuck cars in those temps. Looks like there are going to be a lot of sad looking gardens next spring. Those temps are killer.

I spent an hour on the phone today with friends in northern Wales, and they were envious, thinking of my wood stoves going over here in Colorado. It is about the coldest it's ever been over there for this time of year. Stay warm in the Isles.

Cudos said:
Meh, try -32c for days then complain. But , then again its a dry cold.

Your home is built for it due to your climate. Theirs is not. Their -20 would be your -45 and having undersized furnaces with windows that dont close & no block heaters for your vehicles. That's like me saying to you that your -32 is chicken feed. From up here that is. Other places that would be understandingly crippling.

Neil said:
-21 In parts of Scotland last night and minus 11 where I live near Straford Upon Avon, burning 24/7 for the first time in 3 years and it is set to continue thsi cold till Xmas at least.

Cool looking stove in your avatar..or should I say hot looking stove..lol.
Time to bake when it's that cold..make all of us some cookies!

Neil said:

I,ve seen footage of cars sliding around the black ice on the roads there in the UK! No one likes that!! Drive slow and stay warm by the fire Neil. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.