St Croix firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mufflerman

Sep 7, 2009
northwestern mass
Hi all wondering if anyone can help here. I have a st croix pepin stove and the fake firebrick board is getting pretty rough. I was told by the stove company that i could run the stove without the boards installed as they were only for appearance. Is tis true as i am not sure if i trust this answer. This company has always got new people working for them.

mufflerman I have a st croix prescott the new panels arent even brick there thin metal and I was told by my dealer that I could run the stove without them which I have with no problems, they went to metal because the brick kept cracking.I say take them out and burn.

Mine crumbled too and I spoke with someone at St Croix
who also assured me they were only for decorative purposes.
I ran the stove without and no problems. Replaced them
with the steel refractory panels a couple years ago and
never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.