1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

St. Croix Hastings thermostat question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by tbond76, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbond76

tbond76 New Member

Loc:
    MD
    I am interested in getting a wireless thermostat for my St. Croix Hastings pellet stove. I work evenings, and I would like to set it to go off for a few hours, then turn back on a couple of hours before I get home. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent wireless thermostat that would work for this stove?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ylomnstr

ylomnstr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
  3. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    This cool to see that the population of St Croix owners out here seems to be increasing.
    I just have a cheapo 5+2 programmable thermostat that I picked up from HD, but that wireless one looks cool.
    Do you use that just for auto-on auto-off, or do you have things configured to try to maintain a specific temperature?
  4. ylomnstr

ylomnstr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
    When I first hooked it up I used it for just on and off, but since I figured out how to set the jumpers to smartstat (thanks to you) I'm using it in that mode. I've got it programmed differently for the weekends than I do for the weekdays since I'm home more on weekends. It's great because I have it set to run at a lower temp during the day when I'm not home, and then to kick on warmer about 2 hours before I get home to heat up the house. Earlier this week when we had that spell of colder weather, it really worked great. Now it's just a matter of tweaking since this will be my first year with it. So far so good, and the stove does a great job of heating the main and upper level of my split level ranch on setting #3.
  5. tbond76

tbond76 New Member

Loc:
    MD

Thanks for the info. This is my first season with the stove, and I haven't had a chance to really play with the smartstat feature yet, but one of those wireless thermostats seem to make sense.
  6. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    I have a righttemp programmable on my st croix afton bay and it's set to come on when its cool/cold and off when it's not. Works well, home depot 35 bucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.