St. Croix Hastings thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbond76

Oct 10, 2008
MD
I am interested in getting a wireless thermostat for my St. Croix Hastings pellet stove. I work evenings, and I would like to set it to go off for a few hours, then turn back on a couple of hours before I get home. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent wireless thermostat that would work for this stove?

This cool to see that the population of St Croix owners out here seems to be increasing.
I just have a cheapo 5+2 programmable thermostat that I picked up from HD, but that wireless one looks cool.
Do you use that just for auto-on auto-off, or do you have things configured to try to maintain a specific temperature?

When I first hooked it up I used it for just on and off, but since I figured out how to set the jumpers to smartstat (thanks to you) I'm using it in that mode. I've got it programmed differently for the weekends than I do for the weekdays since I'm home more on weekends. It's great because I have it set to run at a lower temp during the day when I'm not home, and then to kick on warmer about 2 hours before I get home to heat up the house. Earlier this week when we had that spell of colder weather, it really worked great. Now it's just a matter of tweaking since this will be my first year with it. So far so good, and the stove does a great job of heating the main and upper level of my split level ranch on setting #3.

ylomnstr said:
I have the same stove, and just purchased the Skytech 3301P wireless thermostat on ebay for $108 shipped. Here's more info on the model: http://www.skytechsystem.com/thermo.asp?pi=277

And this is the guy I bought mine from. Fast shipping too: http://cgi.ebay.com/SKYTECH-3301p-P...3834862QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I've only used it a few times, but so far, so good. Works great.

Thanks for the info. This is my first season with the stove, and I haven't had a chance to really play with the smartstat feature yet, but one of those wireless thermostats seem to make sense.

I have a righttemp programmable on my st croix afton bay and it's set to come on when its cool/cold and off when it's not. Works well, home depot 35 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.