St. Croix HELP!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Csst

Dec 26, 2010
Haverhill Mass
mass
It seemed i have everything adjusted properly problem im having now i dont think this is normal? My Pellet stove only a week and a half old and the pain off the inside back panel is peeling off? and also the paint from the top all coming off also?(well it looks to me like paint?) but i don't thing this is normal i was doing my daily cleaning and notice inside all the painting just bubbling and peeling away?? Whats causing this and this isn't normal right?
Thanks
Csst

Did you "cure" your stove? From the Installation manual page 2
4. WARNING: The high temperature paint on this stove may take several hours of burning at a
high fuel setting to cure fully. During this time, an odor that is not harmful may be evident.
When odors are present, the area around the stove should be well ventilated.
5. Caution: The high temperature paint can be easily scratched prior to burning the stove

My dealer had me run at high 4+ hours

If you talking about the paint inside the firebox it will all burnoff. Over 1000F temps will do that...

I did call my dealer he said that's not normal he's sending me new ones he also said he's been running the same stove at there shop for 2 years and never seen that my stove has seen anything lower than setting 4 since I started it

I agree with your dealer. I have had mine for 4 yrs now and have not had any issues with the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.