1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

St. Croix Lancaster Corn Stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Tclee, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tclee

Tclee New Member

Loc:
    Western Ohio
    We have had a St. Croix Lancaster Corn Stove w/pellet pot installed since January 2008 and have had nothing but trouble with it. Is there anyone else out there using this stove with the pellet pot installed? Would like to hear from you.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. IIFAST4U

IIFAST4U Member

Loc:
    Western, RI
    NO but I was about to buy a St. Croix stove really soon? What type of problems if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at the Afton Bay pellet stove though.

Thanks
    Shawn
  3. Tclee

Tclee New Member

Loc:
    Western Ohio
    We have the Lancaster which is a corn stove with a pellet conversion kit which is what we are using. The pellets over flow if coal rake is not shook every 5 or 6 hours. I have been told that this is a corn stove and if we were burning corn we would not have a problem. Wish I had known this before we bought it. We wanted to burn either corn or pellets and with corn being expensive have chosen pellets. We still have not got the damper adjusted to where it needs so still playing. It has been very aggravating to say the least.
  4. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    as soon as you have the damper adjusted, you should see a better burn and notice that the pellets should be buring faster not allowing the the pellets to over flow. the more air the faster the burn before the next dump of your auger. make sure you don't adjust the damper to far open as to burn up what is in the burnpot to fast before the next dump of the auger.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.