St. Croix Lancaster Corn Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tclee

Mar 19, 2008
Western Ohio
We have had a St. Croix Lancaster Corn Stove w/pellet pot installed since January 2008 and have had nothing but trouble with it. Is there anyone else out there using this stove with the pellet pot installed? Would like to hear from you.

NO but I was about to buy a St. Croix stove really soon? What type of problems if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at the Afton Bay pellet stove though.

Thanks
Shawn

We have the Lancaster which is a corn stove with a pellet conversion kit which is what we are using. The pellets over flow if coal rake is not shook every 5 or 6 hours. I have been told that this is a corn stove and if we were burning corn we would not have a problem. Wish I had known this before we bought it. We wanted to burn either corn or pellets and with corn being expensive have chosen pellets. We still have not got the damper adjusted to where it needs so still playing. It has been very aggravating to say the least.

as soon as you have the damper adjusted, you should see a better burn and notice that the pellets should be buring faster not allowing the the pellets to over flow. the more air the faster the burn before the next dump of your auger. make sure you don't adjust the damper to far open as to burn up what is in the burnpot to fast before the next dump of the auger.

Status
Not open for further replies.