St. Croix Prescott

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmw101

Oct 26, 2010
Northern Michigan
Bought a brand new Prescott pellet stove last yr and it works great as long as you use gel to start it. Goes through the igniter cycle but comes up with an air error. Igniter does get warm and the pellet show signs of being burned, but stove shuts down before it gets going. Any ideas. The dealer has been saying that he will be the company rep to our home for over a year and I'm tired of waiting.

How long has the stove been acting up?When was the last time you cleaned the stove including all blowers,burn pot holes.What exactly is the error code?

Did you ever request/demand a new ignitor be installed?
That is what I would have done from the get go.
With some pellets I do notice that the burnpot fills up
to the brim . If that is happening with your stove you
could try removing some of them and leave the door
open a hair and see if it will auto ignite.
(might not be letting enough air in for the
ignition to take place if it's filling up too much)
A dozen different pellets have gone through mine and
they all ignite in less than 4 minutes every time.

wmw101 said:
The igniter gets hot and the pellets show signs of getting burned. How do you do an Ohms test?

2 simple tests and you do not have to remove the igniter.

1. Just undo the terminals for the igniter and attach a multimeter to the leads, switch the dial to ohms and take a reading. If you get a reading of .47-.52 the igniter is fine.

2. You can make a test cord and attach it to the leads to directly power the igniter, if it glows orange, then most likely the igniter is fine.

You may also want to check the power coming from the control board to see if the line voltage is over 110v, use the multimeter for that too.

I can bet you that it is an air flow issue if the stove is new., hard saying for sure though not being there.

wmw101 said:
Stove has never ignited properly and we bought it brand new. Dealer says it's installed properly and he can't figure out whats wrong.

WMW you may want to contact Eventemp directly if your dealer is not able to correct your problem. Write down your make, model, and serial number of the stove and send a detailed e-mail that includes a timeline of events since you purchased the stove (including dealer assistance) to Christy Morgan <[email protected]>.

I also had problems with my dealer and the company responded within 20 minutes of my complaint. Not saying that they will respond to you that quickly however, that was my experiance dealing with the manufacturer. Their customer sevice is ace high in my book.

Let us know how this pans out.

tchdngrnby said:
wmw101 said:
Stove has never ignited properly and we bought it brand new. Dealer says it's installed properly and he can't figure out whats wrong.

WMW you may want to contact Eventemp directly if your dealer is not able to correct your problem. Write down your make, model, and serial number of the stove and send a detailed e-mail that includes a timeline of events since you purchased the stove (including dealer assistance) to Christy Morgan <[email protected]>.

I also had problems with my dealer and the company responded within 20 minutes of my complaint. Not saying that they will respond to you that quickly however, that was my experiance dealing with the manufacturer. Their customer sevice is ace high in my book.

Let us know how this pans out.
thanks for that Info. I had issues last yr and went to 2 diferent deailers and still not happy. I love my stove but the dealers are something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.