stains on my Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
Have the Ultra and the steamer got filled a bit to much and the water boiled over. Now I have wjhite stains on the stove top. I have tried to wipe them with a damp cloth but they wont come off. Dont want to use a cleaner , fear of when stove heats up then may smell. Any ideas on how to clean it. It was just plain tap water.

The stains are from calcium or other minerals in the water. Try some vinegar mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water on a cloth, then wipe off with clean water. For really stubborn stains you may need to use some fine steel wool to take it off and then repaint the surface with a high temperature stove paint.

http://woodheatstoves.com/stove-paint-c-292_137.html

Status
Not open for further replies.