Storm damage/firewood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

100 mph winds (give or take a few) a mile of hi line poles down and 65 hours with no power plus this new supply of fire wood.

Attachments

• P1000248.2JPG.jpg
    P1000248.2JPG.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 387
  • P1000246.2JPG.jpg
    P1000246.2JPG.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 395
  • P1000245.2JPG.jpg
    P1000245.2JPG.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 385
  • P1000251.3JPG.jpg
    P1000251.3JPG.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 379
oldspark said:
100 mph winds (give or take a few) a mile of hi line poles down and 65 hours with no power plus this new supply of fire wood.

Oldspark did you get your power back yet and what type of tree is it?

zap

Saturday at 5pm ( power back on), I bit the bullet and bought a gen to save the food, the short one is a cherry tree I planted a long time ago that produced the most cherries this year (a lot of moisture) so hated to see it go, and the one is a walnut but most of the wood is ash and some silver maple. They brought in an army of people to work on the hi line other wisethe power would have been out longer.

Glad the powers back, we went through the ice storm of 98 but only lost power for 9 hours.

zap

zapny said:
Glad the powers back, we went through the ice storm of 98 but only lost power for 9 hours.

zap

13 days for us here back in '98 . . . although I did leave my wife behind for a few days that January as I was scheduled for training in Emmitsburg, MD . . . fortunately we had an electric generator . . . unfortunately for her I left my plow out and in the dark she fell and broke her wrist so it made starting it a challenge.

firefighterjake said:
zapny said:

zap

13 days for us here back in '98 . . . although I did leave my wife behind for a few days that January as I was scheduled for training in Emmitsburg, MD . . . fortunately we had an electric generator . . . unfortunately for her I left my plow out and in the dark she fell and broke her wrist so it made starting it a challenge.
Wow, my wife would leave if we lost power for 13 days, back in 78 or so we lost power for three days with no gen and she wanted to go to town with my mom, as far as her running the gen that would never happen even with out a injury, you have a keeper there jake.

oldspark said:
firefighterjake said:
zapny said:

zap

Wow, my wife would leave if we lost power for 13 days, back in 78 or so we lost power for three days with no gen and she wanted to go to town with my mom, as far as her running the gen that would never happen even with out a injury, you have a keeper there jake.

Oh she's a keeper alright . . . hates the mess from the woodstove, but loves the heat and runs the stove like a champ . . . in fact she was the one encouraging me to buy a hydraulic splitter.

That must have been a big storm! When I went through Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri in June and early July we saw lots and lots of flooding. I hope that missed you.

Backwoods Savage said:
That must have been a big storm! When I went through Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri in June and early July we saw lots and lots of flooding. I hope that missed you.
We had a big rain one night and a down spout came off and we had water in the house so that was bad, for the last 6 months there has not been on dull moment around here. Lost power again this morning for 3 hours, but they might have it fixed this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.