Stove and chimney quote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creekheat

Feeling the Heat
Feb 2, 2014
Ny
Ok, so my wife and I are putting in our first stove and chimney. After doing research and checking here and shopping we think we have settled on a stove, chimney is pretty straight forward etc...

We recieved a "rough quote" from a local store that sells stoves and supplies. My question is this, would it be rude to post the quote here, minus names and such to see what everyone thinks? Its pur first time and i do appreciate the opinions of forum members who are more experienced.

I feel very good about the stove price but the chimney/labor seems high. Maybe not, this store as their own installers/contractors not a third party.
If so i'll post it for opinions. Thanks :)

Again, I dont want to come across as cheap Im just curious if people who know more than I think this is a good deal or what. I think its a good deal on the stove, but the chimney and install seem questionable. Anyway, thanks i appreciate the input. :)

Attachments

• Stove and chimney quote
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 167
install price looks reasonable to me I will have to check on the price of the chimney at first glance it doesn't look to bad but ill check

Pretty much exactly what we just paid for our stove and install. Looks like your stove is a bit more expensive, but the installation price is a little less. Looks like the chimney price is about the same....stainless steel is expensive.

Reactions: Creekheat
Looks like there's a lot of pipe for a cathedral ceiling. That adds up quickly. Maybe ask if they will offer a 10% discount if you pay in cash?

Reactions: Creekheat
Thanks for the input! Just wanted to make sure that was ok. I see te chimney products online for a bit less, maybe 15% but i know prices vary...

Status
Not open for further replies.