Stove Bright Paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Drum

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2009
Saco, Maine
Has anyone ever found Stove Bright brand stove paint at a local store like a hardware store, HD, Lowes, etc.? I am guessing it is only available through stove shops. The Forest Paint Company web site has no options for purchase.
Thanks, Mike -

I use Rustoleum High Heat....works awesome

Stove Bright is eight bucks a can at our local stove shop and worth it. But don't even think about using it indoors. It is one of the last acetone based paints around and will kill things in your brain that you don't wanna kill.

I know, after the last time I used it I was woozy for two days. And started posting in the Ash Can. :ahhh:

macman said:
I tried last year locally, but only found it in a stove shop (very $$).

I ended up getting it online too....SandHill Wholesale.

This place is about $1.00 cheaper a can....

www.mclendons.com/search.asp?search=stove+bright&searchsubmit;= Go 

Thanks for the tips. I'd use a different brand for painting exhaust headers or BBQ grill, but I need it to match and Lopi uses Stove Bright as their factory finish. Problem is I can't find my color on the Stove Bright (Forest Paint) web site? I emailed them to see if it's still available. I will see if I can get my color through one of the links you guys posted.
Thanks for the help.
Mike -

For anyone looking for Stove Bright brand heat paint, you can order directly from Forest Paints national distributor. Not not all colors are apparently listed on the web site. The number is 800-499-4119, and if you need the "NEW IRON" color, the order number I was given is 1A62H202. Not sure about pricing, I plan to call tomorrow.
Mike -

I used stove bright to paint our vent near the porch a dark brown to disguise the vent a bit more. Works well but couple of tips.

Shake that can like no tomorrow...at least for three minutes (till your arm is sore). Any other paint that this hits will peel off due to the acetone. The caps are not even close to what the final color is.

The vent looks way better painted and worht the cost of one can

Good luck

Yes, it seems to be a good paint. Just another FYI, Travis Industries tech support emailed me back (with 24hrs) and told me that New Iron color they use is the same as Stove Bright's Charcoal color #6201. So if you can't find one, maybe the other?
Mike -

Status
Not open for further replies.